Senior Product Designer
in San Francisco
Have you heard of Imgur? We are the best place in the world to find and enjoy the most entertaining content. Every day, gazillions of people use Imgur to be entertained and inspired by the best images, memes, and videos from all around the globe. Since our Founder/CEO Alan Schaaf started Imgur in his college dorm room back in 2009, we have been on a mission to discover and surface the world's most entertaining content!
We invite you to join us and help us build the next suite of products that lifts people's spirits for a few moments every day. Imgur is the third most popular entertainment destination in the US! You will be responsible for a product that has over 60 billion views per month.
We are scaling rapidly and are looking for a tremendously talented Senior Designer to use their visual and experience design skills to help us create awesome products. You’ll have the opportunity to join a small, multidisciplinary design group and immediately impact over 150 million users in our community across multiple platforms. We’re looking for a designer with a strong creative spark who can iterate, prototype, and validate their solutions in order to help our teams ship useful, beautiful products.
What you get to work on:
- Visual design and user interface elements across product and marketing channels
- Complex systems design and information architecture challenges in a collaborative environment
- Prototyping on device and in browser while collaborating closely with engineering and marketing
- Mentoring junior designers and helping to establish the creative culture of the company
- Working alongside our Head of Design to define and iterate on the Imgur design process
Required Experience and Skills:
- A world-class portfolio that illustrates your passion for design
- 3-5 years creating consumer internet products and apps
- Core mobile skills with an ability to work across platforms (iOS, Android, desktop web, mobile web)
- Strong UX and prototyping process (whiteboard to wireframes, mockups and prototypes)
- Proven experience working on both product and marketing design
- Experience using user research and usability testing to make product and design decision / validate and refine design concepts
- Highly skilled with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Motion design tools, prototyping tools, and other modern design tools
- Proven ability to clearly articulate design decisions to stakeholders and elicit feedback to drive the design forward
- Stellar communication skills and presentation capabilities
- Be a detail oriented self-starter capable of leading design initiatives
- You have a passion and noticeable excitement for what we are building at Imgur
- Head over to the App Store and check out our current Apps - spend some time learning more about us. If you are intrigued, please continue!
- Attach your portfolio to the application or link us to samples of your work and let us know why you should be Imgur’s next Senior Designer